Desert Challenge Registration Information
Online registration: Opens March 8th, 2017
Athlete Registration- Link to website
Coach & Guide Runner Registration- Link to website
To check the status of registration entries please follow the links below:
Athlete Registration Status
Coach/Guide Registration Status
Information Packet available on the Event Details page.
Toddler 30m Run on Friday at 5:00pm is a FREE All-Comers event for 2-5 year old kids with physical or visual disabilities. For entry into the event, please email this fillable registration form and waiver form to Tiffany@arizonadisabledsports.com.
Each athlete, guide runner and coach must register online prior to deadlines listed below.
Registration includes access to the competition, commemorative event technical shirt and awards. All athletes, coaches and guide runners are required to register for the event. Guide runners will not be required to pay a fee unless selecting to utilize the transportation shuttle.
The track and field venue at Arizona State University will charge an entry fee per session of $2.00 or $5.00 for all four sessions for individuals that are not registered for Desert Challenge Games. Athletes, coaches, guide runners and committee members will be required to present the provided credential for free entry to the track and field venue.
All registrants are required to print and sign the medical/media release waiver and submit via fax to 480.610.2257 or email to Tiffany@arizonadisabledsports.com.
Helpful hints for online registration:
Registration fee will be based on the following schedule:
- The online system will charge an additional processing fee for each purchase.
- You will be able to complete a transportation request and pay for the transportation fee through the online registration. The online site will charge an additional processing fee for this purchase.
- If the field is not required and you do not know the answer then it probably does not pertain to you so skip the question.
- Review the classification details and in the Information Packet prior to registering for the event.
- Your classification status, SDMS number and current classification can be found on the World Para Athletics Master List.
- The event will offer all eligible events for juniors qualifying for Junior Nationals. If your class is not listed in the dropdown box, please contact the AzDS office at 480.835.6273.
- Athletes - $60.00 on or before April 14, 2017 at 11:59pm PST
- Athletes - $120.00 from April 15, 2017 to April 26, 2017 at 11:59pm PST
- Coaches - $30.00 on or before April 26, 2017 at 11:59pm PST
NOTE: Registration will be closed on April 26, 2017 @ 12:00 am PST (late registrations will NOT be accepted & you will not be able to add or scratch events after the deadline of April 26th, 2017).
Qualifying standards for National and International events:
The Desert Challenge Games is a World Para Athletics Approved event; however, CLICK HERE to review the list of standards by classification. Visit the Adaptive Sports USA web site at http://www.adaptivesportsusa.org/ for qualifying standards for entry into Junior Nationals.
How do I become a Paralympian?
Registrants will have the option to purchase Desert Challenge Games merchandise through the Simply Register registration site. Items available include sunglasses, bandana, visor, water bottle, seat cushion, sweatshirt, t-shirt, personal mister, and drawstring bag. A limited selection of these products will also be available during the event.